LEO TELESCOPING RECOIL STOCK KITS FOR REM 870 AND MOSS 500/590
LEO stock adapters are investment cast aircraft grade aluminum, CNC machined and powder-coated black with a tough, chemical resistant finish. The LEO adapter features an optimal stock elevation allowing the use of iron sights or even the bead sight. All LEO adapters accept optional push button sling swivels, and Remington 870 adapters can accept stamped steel pocket sling loop and hook loops.
- Adjustable length-of-pull to fit shooter’s stature or for use with body armor and other equipment.
- Adapts AR-15 style buttstocks and pistol grips for use with Remington 870 and Mossberg 500/590 shotguns.
- Optional Crosshair™ hydraulic recoil buffer reduces felt recoil.
- Pistol grip configuration allows increased control and user comfort.
- Collapsible stock makes shotgun easier to stow, transport and deploy.
- Gives the shotgun similar handling characteristics to the AR-15.
- Sling attachment points included.
- All hardware included; no gunsmithing required.
- Proudly made in the USA; Lifetime Warranty.
SYSTEM CONCEPT AND PRODUCT OVERVIEW
The most important capability of these adapters is to facilitate the use of collapsing or telescoping stocks, which provide a shorter length of pull (LoP) than the factory stock, which is especially important for law enforcement or “tactical” operators. In addition, these stock adapters accept a hydraulic buffer from Crosshair™ that reduces felt recoil. The Mesa Tactical/Crosshair combination is by far the most robust and most effective of several recoil-reducing shotgun stock systems on the market.
There are two lines of Mesa Tactical telescoping stock adapters:
1. High-tube® telescoping stock adapters, that require the use of rail mounted optics;
2. LEO® telescoping stock adapters, which feature a stock elevation about an inch lower than the High-tube adapters and so don’t require sighting or aiming aids.
These adapters are available in two types of kits, adapter kits or complete stock kits.
The heart of the Mesa Tactical Telescoping Stock Conversion Kit is the stock adapter. The stock adapters are investment cast aircraft grade aluminum, CNC machined and powdercoated black with a tough, chemical resistant finish.
The concept is simple: the shotgun stock is replaced by an adapter that mimics the stock attachment point of an AR-15 lower receiver. This adapter accepts an AR-15 receiver buffer tube. The AR-15 collapsible stock and pistol grip can then be reliably attached to the shotgun.
Stock kits additionally include an M4 Carbine style telescoping buttstock assembly, a Hogue rubber overmolded pistol grip, a stamped steel stock wrench and a push-button sling swivel. A slip-on rubber butt pad for the M4 Carbine buttstock is available separately.
All LEO adapters accept optional push-button sling swivels, and Remington 870 LEO adapters can accept stamped steel pocket sling loop and hook loops.